The Hanen Parent Program, “It Takes Two to Talk” is a family focused approach to language intervention with young children.
The three broad aims of the Hanen Parent Program are:
- Education: To help parents/legal guardians gain a better understanding of how children develop language and of the conversational strategies that promote their child’s language development.
- Application: To provide opportunities for parents/legal guardians to practice these conversational strategies under the guidance of Hanen trained speech language pathologists.
- Support: To give parents/legal guardians opportunities to share ideas, issues and concerns with other parents/legal guardians who are in similar situations.
This program includes:
- An initial consultation
- 8 group sessions led by a Hanen trained speech language pathologist
- 3 individual videotaping sessions which include training and feedback with a speech language pathologist
Where: Capital Therapy Group (13642 N. HWY 183, Bldg. 2, Ste. 200, Austin, TX 78750)
When: Thursday evenings 6:00 pm-8:30 pm
Duration: September 18, 2014 – December 18, 2014
Who: Parents/Legal Guardians of children with speech and language difficulties
Enrollment Cost: $150.00 per family (may be covered by insurance depending on your policy)
Book Fee: $54.00 (not included in enrollment price)
Registration Deadline: August 28, 2014
For additional information, contact Susan Weber at 512-331-4115