Pediatric occupational therapy at Capital Therapy Group helps children gain independence and promotes development of fine motor skills, sensory motor skills, and visual motor skills that children need to function and socialize in their home, school, play, and community environments. In the case of an injury or debilitating illness, our services focus on rehabilitating children, allowing them to return to their daily routines at their highest level of function.
What We Offer
At Capital Therapy Group, our trained occupational therapists evaluate and treat children from birth to 21 years of age with a variety of diagnoses that may include:
- Autism Related Disorders
- Sensory Motor Disorders
- Developmental Disabilities
- Down Syndrome and other genetic diagnoses
- Cerebral Palsy and other neurological diagnoses
- Traumatic brain injury
- Delays in fine motor and visual motor skills directly affecting academic performance
- Self-care skills including feeding, dressing, and grooming
- Hand strengthening and coordination skills required for activities such as cutting with scissors, coloring, and writing, buttoning, using feeding utensils, etc.
- Sensory-motor processing and integration
- Recommendation, training, and use of adaptive equipment
- Neurodevelopmental treatment
- Visual motor and handwriting skills